The following is information about Rose Acres Elementary, it's staff and students. Find out why Pattonville is a great place to live and learn by looking through basic information and some of the achievements for which the district is noted.
Pattonville is fully accredited by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and has earned Missouri’s Distinction in Performance Award for academic performance - 11 consecutive years; Pattonville is the most diverse district in Missouri to achieve Distinction in Performance every year it has been bestowed.
Rose Acres Elementary Statistics
2017-2018enrollment (K-5): 400
Number of staff: 32 certified, 14 support
Ave. years of teaching experience: 14
Staff with advanced degrees: 94%
• Rose Acres achieved “adequate yearly progress” (AYP) under the federal No Child Left Behind law in all areas measured for academic achievement.
• The Positive Behavior Intervention Support (PBIS) program, which teaches and reinforces positive student behaviors, continues to foster positive student behavior.
• All classrooms have Promethean smart board technology.
• Principal Steve Vargo was named Distinguished Principal of the Year by the St. Louis Suburban Elementary Principals Association in 2011 and is a finalist for Missouri Elementary Principal of the Year.
• 5,528 students enrolled in Grades K-12 in 2010-2011 school year
• 169 students were served by Pattonville’s school-based preschool program and the Pattonville Learning Center preschool
• Average elementary class size is 20 (18 in kindergarten); class sizes remain at or better than the state’s desirable standards
• 95% average daily attendance
• 7% in Grades K-12 receive gifted education services
• 15% receive special education services
• 43% of students qualify for free or reduced lunches
• Our students are a reflection of St. Louis’ global society: 57% white, 32% black, 7% Hispanic, 5% Asian
Click here to download the Pattonville Points of Pride newsletter.
Click here to download the Patonville School District Annual Report.